PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OZ JOBS 21.03.03
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2003, 09:18
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb

Ezy OzEx, if ya do a C&P of Titan's post and put it into Word, it doesn't detect that "right" in this case is wrong - it only picks up on PPRuNe.

Some of the little "tricks" that we used in Primary school might help some of us to remember which is correct, when we aren't 100% sure, eg., "write" has an "e" in it - as in I write a letter;
stationery is for letters[/b], whereas stationary means to be stopped;
licence is the noun - as in ice...license is the verb, as in "I hereby license you to fly this SCUD!".

Apostrophes take the place of ommitted vowels (sounding syllables...a, e, i, o, u), so was not becomes wasn't, you are is you're.

The initial letter, or CV, that you submit will make a BIG impression - if it's loaded with glaring grammatical errors.........the WRONG impression!!
Because although you are not applying for an English teacher's position (and I know some interesting English teachers' positions as I'm sure OzEx also does!!), FIRST IMPRESSIONS, do count.

Good advice, Titan, even tho' it takes a little longer (plus Word is bastardised English - the Septic version.), but better than rong speling on a pubic forum.