PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Truth About the Big 6 U.S. Airlines?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2003, 01:00
Ignition Override

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post
ASRAAM and Huck-I don't know the statistics of fear, but I suspect that many of my fellow countrymen are cowards, regarding vacation cancellations or rescheduling. Other than some areas of the Middle East right now or a country or two in South America which are reportedly infested with drug-runners etc, I can't imagine letting the fear of travel become so overpowering.

Over a week ago, we picked up a large number of high school kids in Charlotte. They were off to fly to AMS and on to Vienna, and they seemed really excited-admittedly, before any attacks on Iraq began, but there was plenty of news about the possibilities all over the networks.

Are thousands of adults afraid to go to the many countries which are very stable and away from the Middle East?

How many of these nervous would-be travelers drive through heavy traffic in US towns or cities, making frequent lane changes, or around street corners in their hometown with a cell phone (handy) stuck to their ears, or even pushing the buttons and NOT looking outside?

That IS dangerous travel, and these jerks are all over our US cities-truly are much more serious threat, statistically, than one terrorist with a gun or grenade.

Last edited by Ignition Override; 23rd Mar 2003 at 19:13.