PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Misinformation or Treason??
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2003, 19:30
nav attacking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get Real

Stop moaning and enjoy the fireworks.

The more the Iraqi High Command know about what is about to hit them the better. The whole idea of this war is not to kill conscripts and destroy their military capability so that we have to defend them for the next however many years, but to convince them to lay down their arms so we can get in there and topple the regime (the stated military objective). Or better still that they topple it themselves.

If that means getting CNN and SKY to show exactly what we are about to do to them to assist in the psychological warfare then great because it also gives us a great picture back home.

War isn't always about covert operations. Even the SAS in Afghanistan were being totally overt to frighten the Cr@p out of the enemy. There have been reports about them driving around in the open with huge Union Jacks flying above.

The sooner the Iraqis realise that the regime's days are numbered the better. The less chance of any more accidents....

Me, I'm off with a beer to sit and watch the display again. The rest you sad muppets can stay at your PC's bleating on.

And before anyone says anything the only reason I was here was that I was waiting for an insurance quote to process and just had to comment!