PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who is Flt Lt Pprune?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2003, 16:36
Possum 15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Flt Lt Pprune/P.O. Prune

Hey Mike Jenvey, you nearly got it right!

P.O. Percy Prune (1922- ) is the last of a long line of Prunes. I believe that the ancestral home is "Ineyne Manor", Prune Parva, Sussex. His story was told by one Anthony Armstrong and, in fact, illustrated by "RAFF". For the complete genealogical tree of P.O. Prune see "Prune's Progress", author Anthony Armstrong and published by Herbert Jenkins Limited, of London (circa '42, and no ISBN number available!! ).

Prune himself is the fool, the poop, the boob, the mug, the butt, the clot, the affable dimwit of the RAF (with close cousins in other organisations, including a few that I have within been incarcerated). He contemplates, as one authority has said, "with a hurt and puzzled detachment the incomprehensible eccentricities of a world which is never quite within his grasp: a world in which under-carriages don't come down of their own accord, and he never quite understands why." He is willing, but wet. He is dutiful but dumb. They say he is one in a thousand, or even one in a million, but, alas, I would have to disagree with this as even the most casual perusal of pprune.org, and many of the current crash comics, would have me, at least, believe otherwise.

Hooroo, Possum15

P.S. Only a rumour, but I did hear that he has, since retirement from flying duty, been an active consultant to one of the better selling CRM package providors.