PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cessna Carvan C208B rating.. Indonesia
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2013, 01:27
training wheels

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by justasmallfire
Re: Cody 'a non indo just started at caravan operator'

Most probably will be flying on a validation.

Re:Stalker 'Turbo props need type rating'
All aircraft in Indo need 'Type rating'
On page 5 and 6 on my Indo licence is the type rating page as most of us would understand it,this is blank in mine.
on page 7 labelled pilot proficientcy check under collumn 'type ratings' is stamped C208b'
It gets a bit confusing but after a while in Indo you just go with the flow.
I fly for an airline in Indo as well as flight instruct at this airline's flight school on Cessna 172's. On page 5 of the license, where it lists the Category, Class and Type ratings, I have both Single Engine Land and Multi Engine Land issued.

But for the section "Type", it only lists the specific multi-engine aircraft type I fly for the airline. The C172 is not listed here as I believe it comes under the class rating, 'Single Engine Land'.

On page 7 for the Pilot Proficiency Check, the initial issue for my C172 is listed as that (C172), but all subsequent renewals after that have been listed as 'Single Engine Land', as well as the specific aircraft type rating I fly for the airline.

I think this is where the confusion lies with what's written on the license. What's written is not consistent amongst various people's licenses, and even within the one license booklet itself, what's written for one PPC check varies from another. Welcome to Indonesia!!