PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilatus PC24
Thread: Pilatus PC24
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2013, 03:03
Howard Hughes
Sprucegoose

Location: Hughes Point, where life is great! Was also resident on page 13, but now I'm lost in Cyberspace....
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
with most of the RFDS pilots being younger guys,
Average age where I work around 47ish, with ages ranging from 27-65!
'FGD' touched on another area that I haven't added in my previous posts as there's so many hurdles in this field, the 20.7.1B for A/C Abv 5.7t. The B350's have their limitations & so will the PC's not insurmountable but sure do add to the boffins decision making process as to what to buy for Aeromed Ops.
Come the new reg's, there will be no above 5700kg, nor 20.7.1B. Small aircraft will become those below 8618kg, which will include B350 and the proposed PC-24. At this stage the waters are very muddy with regard to performance requirements for aircraft sitting between 5700kg & 8618kg.

I anticipate that Aeromedical operators (and the RFDS in particular), will be looking to continue operating as they have for many years. I can't see the regulator imposing restrictions that will reduce, or hinder the present services available. Given the move to risk based safety, I would imagine that aeromedical operators will be able to operate as they do presently, provided they can prove a safety case for operations which fall outside, or that will be restricted by the new regulations.