PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilatus PC24
Thread: Pilatus PC24
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2013, 22:38
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'stally' I agree having crews displaced all over the countryside is a cost but am sure it pales into insignificance when compared to having these jets lying about that have limitations. The costs associated with having crews not avail (overnighting) is am sure factored into the Ruffdus operating costings & strategies whereas the PC24 is a huge unknown.
'jabba' yes intermediate transfers are costly time wise & I doubt that would happen too often.

'morno' true there buddy the speed isn't lightening fast in fact max speed 425k @F300 means lots of gas being gobbled up & in at times the worst place for WX. That rather straight wing is needed to achieve those balanced field length figures.
LRC I bet is back in the mid to high 300's meaning over a moderate distance the time advantage is minimal over say a B350, certainly not worth the added costs of having these airframes lying about with crews at the ready not to mention the infrastructure to support them.
Having to fly the machine at a SL cabin for EG would be interesting somewhere around 25000' probably which may often be the case using the faster plane to get to major hossy's for head trauma for Eg requiring a SL cabin, these are the limitations of any jet.I see on their website they make (well none that I can see anyway) no mention of LRC speeds, I wonder why? No one wants to know that as that's not a good selling point as speed is everything, lots to consider for Aeromed Ops not just the shinny new looks & on paper fast speeds.
In aviation everything is a tradeoff.

Nope can't see these machines getting off the ground anytime soon with the RFDS, maybe as a private venture with someone whom has more money than sense!:-) Now if someone did have use the above philosophy then I'd be in there playing jet pilot again

Wmk2

Last edited by Wally Mk2; 25th Oct 2013 at 22:49.