PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Niuguini AT42, engine fire, RTO, overrun
Old 22nd Oct 2013, 18:18
Trackdiamond

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

SuperVC-10 thanks for your clarification. I agree it was a sensible decision..you don't take any chances with fire and I would rather have a low speed impact than drop out of the sky.

Cockyjester..no need to get cocky and rude..I did not offer you a personal insult.The cowboy thing was just a rumour I heard from an ex ATR driver based in PNG...and I did not at all blame Farnair (I was defending it) nor Air Niugini..I have heard however APNG might have compromised standards..again I emphasise..I HEARD...and this is a rumour site and so assume am entitled to post what rumours were transmitted to me.

You are entitled to your opinion about ATR 300 not being old.Try and get a difference rating with the more advanced ATR versions and see whether your ATR 300 rating will be recognised..my previous -320 wasn't. Do you even fly this type cocky?
Whether topography in PNG , Pago Pago, Nepal or Switzerland for that matter..being a challenge, should not be reason at all for standards to be compromised..if anything they should be higher.

Spell check on your "non-sense" might make more sense out of your rant.

Last edited by Trackdiamond; 22nd Oct 2013 at 18:29.