PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JetStar HK!
Thread: JetStar HK!
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2013, 23:51
404 Titan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Strewth
JHK JV, PPB HK, 33% QF, we’ll see.
J* HK is a JV/Partnership/Call it what you want, airline trying to set up in HK where the majority of the ownership have their Principal Place of Business outside Hong Kong.
You’re also suggesting the law isn’t clearly written, requiring explanation as to intent
Every time a law is tested, its intent is looked at.
whilst implying a local owned majority is law.
I have never said or implied that. What I said is that every airline that has been based in Hong Kong since 1997 have interpreted “The Basic Law” that way. I would imagine they received independent legal advice on how to comply with it.
I expect the seriousness the HK Govt. places on law, its existing policies and its hope to enhance relevant arrangements through review is rather the point.
The Hong Kong Government has been very consistent with their interpretation of The Basic Law since the handover in 1997. What makes you think they are going to hand over the keys to Hong Kong aviation to any foreign airline that wants to set up an international airline here when the same right isn’t given to Hong Kong carriers to do the same, especially in Australia and China. The Hong Kong Government loves competition but we already have fierce competition in the aviation market with 107 airlines operating here. The government is also very protective of local businesses against unfair competition and I seriously doubt they would want to simply see Hong Kong become a “Flag of Convenience” for any airline that wants set up shop here, because, after all that is what you are asking them to do.
NB L specifically LL with a B. Only BA as opposed to LL.B or LLB. missing, after AP. Losing count of elephants again.
When you criticise someone because of the letters after their name, you only damage your own argument.