PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Ambulances Falling Out?
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2003, 12:41
PRMAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that there may be a case of nervousness here?

Having flown both types, the BO105 and the Agusta 109 E, i would be very interested to here the County representative justify his statement infering that the A109 is less capable of doing the job of the BO105.

I am sure that no one would say that County have not provided a good service to many areas around the country however if Warwickshire are unhappy about the service they are currently getting surely they should be allowed to make a choice without receiving a verbal bashing because they choose a different operator.

With regard to the claim that the A109 is too big, i suppose they would say that wouldn't they, compared to the Bolkow where we had to carry kit on the second stretcher and "Bump" off medical staff if an additional passenger needed to be carried the A109 was simply brilliant.

I would also take issue with PANews view that "the certain operators" aircraft broke the back of its former operator. No one would argue that the A109 is more expensive than a Bolkow however the service did not fail through a fault of the aircraft, i would suggest that it failed due to the charities inability to raise sufficient funding in one of the most affluent areas in the U.K.

There are many charities around the country that currently raise more than sufficient funds to operate a second generation helicopter whatever the type may be. Thankfully some people have vision otherwise the NHS would still be moving patients on horse and carts.

I wish all operators good luck and perhaps if people spent more time working together instead of trying to kock each other evrybody would benefit.

I totally agree with COALFACE, the U.K. should adopt the Scotland policy.