PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rumour: Norwegian vs Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2013, 17:46
Avenger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have several colleagues that have joined NAS as " contract pilots" based in Spain and UK, they are all Captains but were told that after 2 years as a " Contractor" they could apply, if positions were available as " core pilots" but only as FOs or remain as contract pilots retaining " seniority". Now, apparently the "block" on DEC after being a contractor is a rule made by the pilot union? if so this is not the level playing field they claim to want, or is this " rule" a Company management smoke screen to preserve Command positions for potential existing core pilot upgrades? By the way, they all pay taxes at their base thus are meeting the local employment regulations. Are the contract pilots actually represented by the Union or just benefiting from the agreements made by the union as this is easier for the management, in other words, would contract pilots also "strike" to support this cause, which on the face of it, may be not in their interests? If NAS want a united workforce they must offer the same T+Cs to all, the Union must support that. Is this new company structure really to " divide and conquer" or simply a commercial decision that is by default dividing the pilot loyalties and weakening the Union position? From what I am told the union does a proper job in improving and preserving working conditions, which is it's purpose, but is it also over protective of the Scandics?
The last thing NAS needs is a high profile blow to customer service levels, any answers to this?