PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unwelcome visitors
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2013, 12:40
Hangarshuffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bite too.

I used to find these stories disturbing because they can and probably will on day end so badly. Im not against ligit protest per se at all, in fact Im probably all for it. I fully understand these people are saddened and fully against the drone wars, indeed all the wars. Who isnt?
Busting into MOD bases in the UK is potentially really easy-everyone knows this. Yeovilton was the easiest base to get into by a mile and still is. Followed by Culdrose. I never got over how you could jump into VL via the number 2/3/4 crash gate and all that lay between yourself and all the entire frontline SHAR fleet was a single dodgy wooden hangar access door (possibly left unlocked by the duty squadron kid) round the back and facing the river/fields. MOD cops were half a mile away, the hangar building was unalarmed and un sentried. A set police security routine was easy to learn and easier to avoid.
My point-I havent got one really other than if security does come across these bints are they likely to challenge them-if spotted yes. Ever likely to mis ID them as something worse than what they are?? Is possible. Shoot them? (as some on here would like I guess)-unlikely because you and I know what a hammering you would get in court by the QCs if you did. Look how the police catch it in court every time they knock off a gang banger/nice boy really.
Presently fortune and court room favours the tresspasser always in the Uk in these events, and never the defender.
All this said I would never try to bust into a Yankee base for the exact reason you would be blasted by gunfire if spotted, simple as. Yanks willl never ever give up one of their own men no matter how low a ranker in those circumastances.
Would MOD do the same=doubt it (see past times).
In the UK you get a ticking off for tresspass, every time.
We will get caught out one day over this mark my words.
And as for those who think I am slack for bubbling on about security at MOD Navy bases, well...sorry but maybe blabbing now will help someone pay attention and buck up a bit.