PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unwelcome visitors
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2013, 12:10
GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 4ROCK
The fact that the Judge in this case (who I know to be a 'normal' bloke outside of working hours!) took a lenient view in his punishment should be indicative enough of the strength of feeling against the use of drones.
It's really good to know that you think that. This bloke, though, wasn't outside working hours and do we pay Judges to make political statements or pander to what's perceived to be "popular opinion"?

The Guardian

On Monday Lincoln magistrates ordered the activists to pay £10 to the RAF in compensation, £75 in costs and a £15 victim surcharge. Judge John Stobart said he was handing down his sentence "with a very heavy heart" and told the protesters they were "dutiful people".
The £10 wouldn't even pay for the Contractor to answer the "mend my fence" telephone call. He has also signalled to all so called "dutiful people" that they can trespass and damage whatever they want if the believe it's their duty.

Here's a thought; if some dutiful people rocked up to Buck House and painted some anti British/Military/Foreign Policy words on it or one of the garden-side buildings, would Mr Stobart's ultimate boss thank him for his publicly political views? That's the same boss that owns RAF Station Waddington.

I think that is the salient point and all weeping and wailing over Regiment/RAFP security standards is understandable but largely irrelevant.