PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - fATPL Now What ?
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2013, 10:37
Mikehotel152

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some good suggestions on this thread. If you really want and are completely committed to a career in aviation you will have to be patient, find any job in aviation - I know of many who worked for Navtech drafting approach plates -keep networking and search for 'that break'. Your age and other financial commitments will probably determine your stamina in this quest. I presume you've done aptitude tests and critically assessed your own abilities to determine whether you are actually suitable for a career as a commercial pilot? Remember, flight schools won't tell you as they only want your money.

But as others have said, I simply cannot understand why anybody would commence expensive flight training in the middle of a recession. ALL the talk on Pprune since 2008 has been of extremely limited opportunities due to the closure of traditional routes into commercial aviation, and the massive competition of the limited jobs available. Anybody who started training after 2007 and did not have a secure back-up plan has very limited sympathy from me. Sorry.