PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Piaggio Avanti
Thread: Piaggio Avanti
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2013, 00:26
westhawk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Adam: It seems apparent you really haven't given this matter the thought it deserves prior to posting.

If you don't want to believe the noise measuring equipment is consistent and based upon actual measured sound pressure levels, there's nothing anyone can tell you to change your mind. Live with your perceptions, facts be damned!

But for professional pilots who rely upon understanding how such systems work in order to fly without being in violation of local noise ordinances, that brand of ignorance simply won't cut it. Pilots who don't necessarily fly for a living can operate in a professional manner too, provided they trouble themselves to learn to do so. I know this to be true because I've given flight instruction to several such individuals. And some who couldn't be troubled as well, but not for very long. (Won't waste my efforts on the willfully ignorant for long)

BTW, LBG noise limits differ according to the time of day. Santa Monica's do not. SNA has rather stringent noise limits during night hours as well. Airliners can make it out of SNA and LBG during day and evening hours without busting the noise limits, but cannot during nighttime hours.

But just to steer this back to the thread subject...

People who want to buy a P180 should buy a P180! (pretty and fast)

People who want to buy a King Air should buy a King Air! (Solid short field performer and known quantity)

People who want to buy an airplane should do thorough research on performance capabilities, limitations and operational/maintenance requirements prior to selecting a particular type. This analysis should be tailored to the proposed mission requirements. If the potential buyer lacks the personal expertise to make a well informed choice on their own, then they should hire a well qualified and experienced disinterested third party to do an analysis and advise them. This investment of research work or money will often pay for itself many times over in saved expenses and buyers remorse down the road.

westhawk