PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JetStar HK!
Thread: JetStar HK!
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2013, 00:54
404 Titan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
titan uranus

I’ll refrain from personal insults. They only weaken ones argument. If as you claim you are so knowledgeable about how Hong Kong works and your interpretation of the “Hong Kong Basic Law” please enlighten me. I would genuinely like to know. After all, Andrew Pyne who advised Chris Pattern, who was the last English Governor of Hong Kong with the drafting of Chapter V Section 4 of the Hong Kong Basic Law, has already stated its intent. Andrew Pyne has also stated:
My guess is that Qantas and China Eastern are trying to railroad the government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (SAR) into coming out in early support of the plan: it all sounds good – Hong Kong has a huge, relatively new, airport to fill; it lacks a true low cost airline in its otherwise broad and impressive aviation portfolio. Just one snag: allowing Jetstar Hong Kong to set up in the territory doesn’t just require a tweak in policy direction. It actually requires a change in Hong Kong’s constitution – the Basic Law.
Irrespective of Jetstar Hong Kong being incorporated in Hong Kong with local management it is still a part of the Jetstar Group with the group’s principal place of business in Australia.