PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - fATPL Now What ?
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2013, 06:02
mthdr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm soon to be in the same boat as the OP and some of thee responses here are filling me with a bit of worry. I know it won't be easy to land a pilot job,I'm happy to do FO for however long it takes, but when I see responses like this I question my decision.

I may be in a slightly different situation as I have a job that pays enough for me to do my training and this will be a change of career. I also have a family that I need to continue to support throughout all this.

I'm starting my ATPL in a month or so and on to CPL after getting the hours. I wasn’t going for a TR unless I'm sure of a job or get sponsored. I've always been worried that it may be spending loads of money for nothing at the end of it all. I've spoken to a few pilots and instructors and they all say that I'm going about it the correct way, based on my circumstances.

Responses like some of these really worry me, as I'm sure they worry the OP. Is it really that bleak out there or are the harsh responses unnecessarily pessimistic?