PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - fATPL Now What ?
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2013, 09:11
JonEverton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I assure you this is not a joke.

I am at the stage where I will take ANY new advice, I have approached airlines directly and agencies. (I am not expecting to walk into a big jet job)

I have a previous career to fall back on. But, to me, this would be failure and giving up which I am not prepared to do.

I had a PM after my first post from a chap a similar age to myself, but at the start of the training ladder. He wanted to know what my experiences had been post training.

If any of you out there have had any different experiences please let me know, but as a generalisation I have found:

1. Unless you have big money to spend TR there are no employment options at the moment with airlines.
2. Getting a response from employers is unheard of - even just a reply of 'we are not recruiting'
3. Corporate/Exec aviation. Forget it, unless Dad works at the management Co' or your Uncle is a captain.
4. Try to get a ground based job within aviation and work up to flight deck. Good luck join the end of a queue of 19 year olds living with mum and working for free.
5. Forget competing with Integrated graduates. Integrated training establishments are audited by airlines, the airlines know, love and approve their training procedures and student monitoring. The airlines use the exact same finance arrangements for their own cadets which makes picking up an independent Integrated graduate a safe and easy process when taking on the debt.

Any kind offers of advice or who to approach much appreciated.