PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - air new zealand to start ice flights
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2013, 10:33
Paragraph377

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newforest2, yes there are still bodies and body parts entombed on Erebus from the DC 10 crash. In 2004 with weather permitting, some photos were taken from the air of NZP laying on the mountains slopes, clearly distinguishable, as if it happened yesterday. (R.I.P Collins and Cassin, you were good men, robbed of life). This is dangerous territory for any pilot to fly, let alone a first timer to the area or one that is experienced but falls victim to organisational incompetence.

I don't wish to intentionally open not what I would call old wounds, but raw wounds, as this tragedy has never been put to bed due to the plethora of inaccuracies and the most palpable cover ups to have probably ever graced the land of New Zealand, but by god ANZ have either rocks in their head, giant testicles or simply a short fractured memory if they think going back to the ice is a good idea, even if it is for charter purposes.
As for a 'proving flight', well I hope the CAA actually has an FOI skilled in those flying conditions as well as 'white out'. But I highly doubt it.
And I hope ANZ don't have the bad taste to fly there on November 28, but then again nothing would surprise me.

Tartare, I raise a glass to that.

Last edited by Paragraph377; 7th Oct 2013 at 10:39.