PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WW3 Battle of Britain
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2013, 05:38
ExRAFRadar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FOD - "air defence destroyer in the North Sea"

Type 42 is in the scenario, just waiting to see if it needed.

Actually gaming out this out is making me wince a little bit. Late last night the RAF lost all 3 SOC's to ASM. Wattisham and Leuchers are Black because Kitchens hit the 'Access to Runway' targets. Basically they destroyed the taxi path into the runway stopping aircraft taking off. These have an estimated 10 hour repair time. Leucher's also lost 3 aircraft on the ground due to HAS's being taken out. Should be glad that 2 Kitchens failed and 3 more missed by over 50 meters so no damage. These bloody Kitchens are a nightmare. Once they are launched nothing can seem to get near them. Rapier point defense does not even engage. Bug perhaps. But the AS4 stays at about 70K feet then just drops onto the target at about 2000 knots.

The Shacks are providing the majority of the UK Radar Coverage right now.

Binbrook is now operational and 5/11 are giving a good account of themselves.

Total Ivan losses are around the 60 mark so far.

The lack of Pact Fighter assets means I can push the CAP further out with Tanker support. Not sure if this is accurate.

Also I realised that unless I assume Norway has fallen or her Radar units have been taken out then I should model her installations so the UK gets a raid warning much earlier. This thing is growing.

I have just stuck 2 Squadrons of USAF ANG F4's into Lakenheath and Coningsby. See how that pans out.

The ports of Immigham, Grimsby and some others with Ro-Ro capability are next on the target list.

Just thinking of giving the UK player an extra challenge by getting something coming in from the West.