PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - And the future holds???
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2003, 18:48
manamana

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GlueBall is right Stormme.
Historically aviation has been a very fickle industry, but it has always rebounded from its upheavals. There will always be people who will need to fly for business, and those who want to go on holiday, never mind all the freight.
I am also out of a job at the moment thanks to 9/11, and have been banging my head against all sorts of Airlines walls for about 18 months now trying to get a job. We just have to have faith and patience. The knowledge that in all probability in ten years time I will be 35 and in the left seat of a nice jet keeps me going. As you said if you go and become a plumber or whatever, you will always regret it and think of what might have been. We only get one chance at this life, we gotta fight to do what we want and love to do. I know guys who have given up and they spend their whole time making excuses and making themselves feel better about the decision they made, but they still end up bitter and twisted!
I also know guys who have had it rough, working three jobs to get through their license, and then only getting a cr@p job after 2 years of nothing, and other guys who have instructed for endless years to get their time up. They all win in the end. They all love what they do now, and every single one will say it was worth it.

Hang in there. Perserverence always pays off. The industry is up to SH!T right now, but it will change eventually. Sell your grandad's ashes mate!

Good luck to you and all of us out there trying to get in, or back in!