PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Frederick Valentich
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2013, 05:49
avidnonaviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
will not respond

Hi Muddergoose,
Dubya is not going to respond to your request. I have contacted him, he claims to have the last 3 mins of the live tape. That's a real shame because it should be at least 7 mins long. So he can fly a plane but he can't get an entire conversation, and he can't transfer it to digital. That's got to be a bit of a worry. The tape I heard went for 14 minutes. At about 30 secs after 7:00pm Valentich said " Melbourne DSJ, Cape Otway proceeding for King Island." Then there is about 6 mins of other traffic and coms. Then at 7:06:14 Valentich says " Melbourne DSJ is there and known traffic below 5000ft?" His last words were at 7:12:28, where he said "Delta Sierra Juliet, Melbourne..." and he stopped mid sentence, and the unusual metallic sound began. That went for 17 seconds. Then the flight service officers discussed their appropriate response considering that the pilot reported engine trouble, so they went to 'alert' phase.
When I told DUBYA that he was missing most of the conversation he became very childish and said " what did you think, that he was having a discussion with the aliens or something?"
Forget about Dubya. :
There is a new cable TV doco on this case, and it has the actual metallic sound from the original tape. It's been made by the Science Channel, and it's title is "The Unexplained Files". The Valentich story is the first story in the series, in episode one. Look for it on either youtube or find a torrent file for it. It is in hi definition. Enjoy.