PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Radar ATCO's paid less than TWR ATCO's?
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2013, 05:12
Robor66

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jh86

Thanks for the input........, however may I just confirm that the title is in fact technically correct....... tower are working less hours for the same pay and conditions, so by reasonable deduction 1 can only deduce that towers hourly rate is FAR better than approaches ....ergo Twr are paid more than Radar!!! It is not only, A combination of being on a slightly stretched variation of our MANSO roster ( more time to recover btwn shifts!!) but also that the shifts are 2 hrs shorter!! ( more time off!!) far better working conditions in my opinion!! As for the 8+ shifts in a row.........?? That is an extreme example and wouldn't happen if your phone was switched off!!
I agree that we are a team and should be supporting each other........however Wasn't it the case when approach were working the SAME 8 hr shifts and tower were working the SAME 6 hour shifts.......IE radar working more than tower ....ooh EXACTLY what's happening now??!!! Didn't same tower ATCO's jump up and down and moan that Approach were getting more than Tower ?(even though we were working more hours as we are now....! and justified the extra payment.....! ) and end up not only getting the extra payment for working the lesser hours but actually had it backdated!!! Hmmmm not sure ....but am I not justified slightly in feeling a bit seen off?!!! And that fact in mind.......are we not treated independently ( separate roster, different working conditions, less pay for more hours worked)and are in fact two different UNITS/TEAMS?!!!