PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Octuber 10th: 14.000 ATCO´s called for a pan-European action day!!
Old 26th Sep 2013, 21:07
BeT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On the beach:

May I be so bold as to say that you seem to have very little / zero understanding of what the proposed EU regs actually entail and would mean for ANSPs across Europe.

Im not going to sit here and type it all out, it would take too long - but just to scratch the surface it would mean huge (and damaging) job losses across Europe, the removal of in house engineering support to the live systems, year on year pay reductions - whilst at the same time working to a law that dictates a 5 (or 10, I forget) fold increase in 'safety', whilst dealing with a predicted doubling of traffic by the mid 2020s.

Normally bills passed through the Euro parliament are subject to lengthy consultation processes, all of which have been disregarded so that the bill can be pushed through before the next elections.

Its absolute drivel, dangerous mindless drivel, written by imbeciles with personal agendas that have no place within a safety critical public service.

Management dont get a say, because if the EU have their way itll be law.

If indeed you are an ex-ATCO I find it a bit of a shame you posted what you have.

If the ATCEUC calls for their 1st unilateral strike in >10yrs, and Maastricht UAC (as an example) are willing to strike for what will likely be the 1st time in 22yrs, do you not think it might be a slightly serious issue?

I could go on all day, but you really need to do your own reading.

PS. The action day is on the 10th, not the 14th.

Last edited by BeT; 26th Sep 2013 at 21:09.