PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IRA - Can we forgive and forget?
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2013, 11:37
glojo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Certainly a thought provoking question and some excellent answers. My sister has just returned from a cruise aboard the Queen Mary which visited the port of Hamburg. Every-time this ship visits that port the local people turn out in their thousands to greet the ship. What an amazing gesture and how nice to see how we can so readily forgive and forget. BUT.....

Your query bought a lump to my throat and as has been said by a number of contributors, this person is evil, he is most certainly not a gentleman and how can any reasonably minded person look that evil thing in the eye and shake its hand!! To condone the deliberate and yes I mean deliberate bombing of an area where innocent women and children will be killed is an act which surely cannot be forgiven? To condone and probably authorise this deed is deserving of the severest punishment this nation can award but instead we honour this despicable person.

I have tried my hardest not to be too inflammatory and I just hope that one day justice will be done and when those ashes to ashes are cast over the graves, those ashes are just the beginning of a very hot reception.

are you better off boycotting this embarrassing fiasco?