PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When is the next cull at QF Engineering?
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2013, 22:37
Sunfish

Received 89 Likes on 32 Posts
I intensly dislike the deliberate, vicious, evil, disgusting and calculated cruelty on the part of Qantas, its Board and its management in relation to "reviewing" Avalon operations and foreshadowing closure as part of the announcement.

This is designed to maximise fear, anguish, stress and depression in the Avalon workforce and their families.

As I have repeatedly explained, when downsizing is necessary, as it sometimes is, a competent manager either does it "quick and dirty" as in a surprise Friday morning announcement not to turn up on Monday, or you do it "slow and clean" with lots of communication and at least a Six month time horizon to allow people to get used to the idea and make alternative plans.

The Qantas approach - a "six week review" is a rotten alternative, being "slow and dirty" and only a bunch of sadistic incompetents would attempt such a thing.

I hope Qantas overseas maintenance program comes back and bites their management and shareholders hard on the backside, hopefully without killing customers and staff.

One more reason never to fly Qantas - the evil airline..