PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Questions from a pilot....
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2013, 09:04
heli84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Questions from a pilot....

Hi All.

This is the first time I have ever written in to any type of forum but I have some questions that have been in the air now for quite some time...

1. I know the importance of flight experience and what it can bring to an employing company, but why does it have always come back to the total number of flight hours?
If a pilot who has 1000hrs of scenic flights is stood next to a pilot who only has 600hrs in which he has flown various jobs in the bush and has had to manage his own machine in all the different conditions. Why does the pilot with the greater amount always get the job?

2. Why is it such a 'major' issue for a company when it comes to endorsing people in a turbine aircraft?
It seems that you must have been flying since Vietnam for a company to support a pilot who shows promise.

I know this thread seems like I'm a low hour pilot who is just having trouble with the industry but I can assure you I am not. I have just been asked so many of these questions so many times from others that I am running out of excuses!

Thanks a lot for your thoughts and comments and hopefully this might benefit the next group following through.

Cheers