PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GATWICK
Thread: GATWICK
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2013, 06:57
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skipness one echo ;

I wouldn't write DY off. In fact quite one up watch. I understand your point about not innovating in an Apple sort of way but from my perspective I don't see much in the way of innovation (outside of ac types) outside of airlines with deep pockets like Emirates, Qatar et al. Moreover, airlines are streamlining and perhaps could be innovating in terms of finding leans operating methods eg ezy turnarounds with no onboard head count. Saves 3 minutes on turn.

BA I believe are about to introduce across LHR and LCY operation fees for check in bags. The legacy carriers are responding to the impacts made by low cost airlines. Often seems that these types of moves fly in the face of this Apple approach you refer to.

Finally, I flew DY on 787, it was both my first trip on DY and 787. They introduced the 787 very well and the communication certainly enhanced my perception of DY brand. They are profitable and one to watch. They have huge growth plans and a large order book. EasyJet watch with anticipation as to their next steps at LGW and recognises they have lower costs than ezy, responding with only really a daily Bergen service. I'm not convinced at this early stage how that route is performing but late pricing can be low so one would wonder. LGW being full will be good cancellation for ezy but I think we will see a successful Long haul operation by DY...

Last edited by EI-BUD; 15th Sep 2013 at 07:00.