PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Abu Dhabi, new management, any news?
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2013, 02:14
TinPusher02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am sure glad you cleared that issue up concerning the go arounds. My conversations with some of the Etihad guys would probably wonder where the "expertise" is coming from when the bounce all the way down final when the separation is exposed as 2.7, 2.8, 2.9 nm when you the professional air traffic controller knows it is 3.0 (no exceptions) and applies it without lame excuses such as "it windy outside" whaa whaa whaa. Your excuse makes your entire facility look bad and unsafe.

Causing trouble for you? That is not what I am trying to do friend. The majority of the professional controllers at your facility do their jobs in an outstanding manner despite the conditions you work under.

You do have a point with regards to spending time on the floor and observing but you are dead wrong with the issue of the HQ guys (staff). If GAL ATS would allow these "well educated" folks to do their jobs you may see significant positive changes and well accepted industry standards applied in all facets of the operation. However it is his program and all remains secret.