PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Radar ATCO's paid less than TWR ATCO's?
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2013, 16:00
Robor66

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I completely agree that an Atco is an Atco, however.......Approach by its very nature, is more complex ( 3 d as opposed to 2 d ) most of us here have both ratings and some ,all off them!! Just not been given the opportunity or released to cross train. But that's not the point, the point is.... All of the staff that hold dual ratings but have not cross trained are on the exact same t&c's , it's not about the money, or time off either, it's about equality........... You can't expect some staff to work more hours than others doing the same task on the same contract and expect them to smile about it........ Can you? Would you?

I don't want to get into the t&c's intimate details, but suffice to say if yours mentions hours/ shifts............well done for getting that incorporated!!
As for the ACC, your right to a certain degree BAH have above a certain level , but we are autonomous below that, so carry out the ACC function to a limited degree combined with the approach.!!
And I' m sure you'd agree ACC by its very nature of multiple sectors and a complete radar environment , will always be the better paid discipline in ATC.