PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Given CASA a photo recently? No? Stump up $5500
Old 13th Sep 2013, 04:19
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
garrya100,
Quite simply, I stand by what I have posted, I am well aware of all the sites you have so helpfully posted, none of them are the primary regulations.

Just somebody's interpretation as advisory information, and as you may or may not know, such a level of advisory information may be a partial defence, if you wind up in trouble about security plans and you status.

The most common issue is disputes over whether a person holding an ASIC is in a security controlled area without a justifiable reason for being in the area.

I will say it one more time: For an Australian license holder, you have to have an AVID and/or an ASIC, but you do not need an ASIC, except in the security controlled areas of an airport/airfield with a security program.

Separate provisions are made for non-Australian license holders and crews, and there is the provision mentioned by Frank A. I have used that latter provision several times, when I have been dropped off at YMML to catch a flight home. The owner/pilot dropping me off has never had a ASIC.

Tootle pip!!