PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The British Aircraft Corporation TSR-2 - Excellent Documentary
Old 12th Sep 2013, 21:13
WH904

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In short:-

AtomKraft - yes that's the one

Ian.whalley - Frank Barnett-Jones was indeed wrong in some respects and yes, Beamont made some assertions that were rather wide of the truth, as I've already said. Hastings was patently wrong in some respects and (as I've also said) he had a political axe to grind.

As for "TSR2 with Hindsight" that isn't a book, nor does it make any wild claims, as it's not that sort of document.

Oh, and as for politicians telling lies, we all know that they lie compulsively. But you also have to recognise that politicians always have a motive for their lies. Jenkins and Healey had no motive whatsoever, in fact I got the impression from Healey's comments that he was tired of the whole sad saga!

You're right though, controversy does sell books and that seems to be what has made TSR2 so popular for so long. But rest assured I have no interest in creating any new controversy by pointing-out the flaws in the old stories. I was paid for writing the book when it was published many moons ago, and that's it as far as I'm concerned. I have no motive in promoting it at all - I'm just keen to allow as many people as possible to learn that they've been fed a lot of nonsense on this subject for far too long

Last edited by WH904; 12th Sep 2013 at 21:17.