PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Puddle Jumpers in the Machynlleth Loop
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2013, 22:06
AnglianAV8R

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Humble GA pilot here,

I've managed to avoid frying my gonads so far. HIRTAs such as Pershore & Croughton are clearly marked on current CAA charts as well as TV transmitter sites. I once went up into the golf balls at Fylingdales, but still managed to fill a couple of prams afterwards

Whilst the Valley AIAA is marked, I think it would be good to mark busier low level corridors such as the Mach' Loop with a directional arrow on the CAA charts. Whilst I take these military activities into account when planning epic flights, other civvy pilots who don't have any interest in military aviation may be blissfully unaware.

I had sight of a (50k) military chart, complete with pylons etc for low level and noticed some arrows around Cranwell. Presumably they were indicators of military patterns in an area of obviously intensive activity. (When propellors are having a good day and the fleet is active). As with Valley, it would be useful to show those arrows on CAA charts too.

As for flying below 2000ft, many of us with lower powered machines often fly at such levels. I get a nosebleed above 1500ft.

Rest assured, I will let you chaps know when I'm going to blat around the loop in my eye wateringly fast 50hp hotship.