PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Pentagon's New Map
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2003, 11:55
Tigs2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LU Zuck
You have highlighted exactly the point that Bluewolf was trying to make. The Brits, French, Spanish, Romans, Greeks, Mongols, Egyptians (How far do i need to go back) have all endevoured to rule the world - and every empire that ever was has always failed. This is like a father giving advice to his adolecsant son - weve tried it and it doesn't work. But i guess human nature is that the son never listens to the father, till its all too late and then some years on thinks'gee I wish i'd listened to dad'.

I do not want the US as the policing nation of the world, they have no right, particularly while the Bush administration constantly refuses to sign up to any Environmental/Humanitarian agreements, that the rest of the world see as vital to our very survival on this planet. If it may affect the US economy the administration does not want to know.

The difference between all the nations listed above in the past and the US, is that the US has the potential to cause more havoc than anything previously seen in history put together.

Saddam must go. According to Bush and Blair he is a murderer and he tortures and suppresses his people. Yet it seems that if he were to comply fully with complete and total disarmament, these two chaps would leave him there(presumably happy in the knowledge that he will continue to torture and murder).

There is a hidden agenda here and it is oil. Bush promises that the money from oil will go to the people of Iraq. Yeah right! when the US pays two dollars a barrel for it(it is only $1 a barrel to produce). ANd then makes a very tidy profit.

Quote'People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones'

I agree with wiping out terrorism. Please explain why almost 3000 people have died in Northern Ireland as a result of a terrorist organisation that was funded with over $25 million a year from NORAID(i.e the US). Thats almost as many people as in the twin towers.

The best thing the Bush administration could do with its huge defence budget, is use it to build a 100 foot high wall around the US. It will keep us all out, and they would find that the rest of the world would sort itself out, and get on just fine. We'd all be happy, but more importantly safe then!

Tigs2