PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Here it comes: Syria
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2013, 21:35
Ronald Reagan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TEEEJ, Putin is President of Russia, one of the most powerful nations on Earth with one of the finest intelligence agencies. What he says carries a great deal of weight with a great many people around the world. The same can be said of China.

dead_pan. Why are you so worried about Iran and it having nukes? If we are smart and don't keep causing them problems I think its highly unlikely they will simply attack us. Besides we have our own nuclear forces, enough to totally destroy them if they ever launched a nuclear strike against us. If they simply get nukes and use them to deter any foreign aggression against them then I see no problem. I don't lay awake at night worrying other nations will simply nuke us, though if we keep waging war across the region and make them hate us enough I guess anything is possible. If we actually worked with Iran, traded with them, treated them as we would any other nation then any attack by them upon anyone is unlikely.

As for Israel, well they can do what they wish, if they start something and bring Russia and China down on them so be it, I hope it does not happen. I would only ever give them military support if they were attacked in a large way to begin with, I would certainly wish to defend them then, but if they start it however then tough luck.

There is a good chance that with policies of continued intervention you could begin the war your trying to avoid!