PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair secrets?
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2013, 18:19
Alexander de Meerkat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
racedo - Just to clarify, I have not made any accusation regarding the IAA. I do think, however, that the IAA have, been extremely unwise providing reports praising their safety record to Ryanair for Michael O'Leary to read out at his press conferences. A critical function of any overseeing body is for them to be seen as completely independent and above the cut and thrust of day-to-day airline affairs. To that end, I would be actively impressed were a statement to be issued from the IAA to the effect that no airline pilot under their jurisdiction should be afraid of bringing safety-related concerns about their Company to them and that any such concerns raised would be treated in the strictest confidence. Also I would be even more impressed were they to give a definitive statement that no names of complainants have ever been released back to the airlines in question. Given the current very public discussions surrounding the 'Dispatches' documentary, these seem reasonable opinions to express, but you may disagree. You may even be a Ryanair lawyer sniffing round looking for people to sue - good luck mate. Find out who I am, and indeed who everyone else is on here, and take me to court - I will enjoy the day out.