PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair secrets?
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2013, 12:10
JM737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are a lot more of them than there are of him. They need to stop sh*ttng their pants about being fired and articulate the problem
Indigopete, theres no logic to that argument, there are 25 million people in North Korea and only one despot dictator, "there are a lot more of them than there are of him", why dont they do something to improve their lot? It all boils down to the basic human instinct for self preservation, look what happened the last person who dared to speak out. You wont understand how it is unless youve worked there.
Take for example the fuel league table, MO'L has said no pilot will ever be sacked for taking more fuel, hes right they wont be sacked for "taking more fuel" but the perception is that while you wont be sacked for taking more fuel, you do not want to appear on the bottom of ANY managment league table of any sort especially if your a contractor and the number of hours you fly (ie how much you earn) or the base where you will be posted is decided by the very people who draw up these league tables.
The point about the IAA being staffed with ex RYR managers is fact, I regularly came into conflict with one particular manager when I worked there, and we had many heated discussions about how things "should be done", if I rang up the IAA to tell them what I witnessed there, hed probably answer the phone.