PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Our Boys Behaving Badly
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2013, 09:14
Avionker

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts
Perthsaint, you really are a very excitable chap aren't you?

Now take a deep breath and think about this.

You are hounding SASless for evidence that he cannot possibly provide. He wasn't there BUT I think that most people are prepared to accept that alcohol played a key part in this incident, and that all 7 participants are unlikely to have been sober.

You said:-

My understanding of what I read is rather better than yours. You claimed the men were drunk and there was an intent to cause mayhem but have provided no evidence to support this. Please now provide specific evidence of the intent and the drunkeness.

I'm perfectly happy with six guys beating up a racist. Ten would have been better.

I'm intrigued that the racist stabber is now reported to be 33 rather than 21.
I agree with you that SASless's claim that they were intent on causing mayhem appears to be without foundation, however you are also making some pretty wild statements.

Now please provide your evidence that the cop racially abused anyone.

You can't provide evidence? Oh that's right, YOU weren't there either were you? Your repeated use of the word 'racist' is based purely on the assumption that the troops are telling the truth and the cop is lying. Evidence please.

And you're perfectly happy with 6 guys beating up one, and in fact 10 would be better you say. Why?

I believe, as you obviously also do, that racism has no place in a civilised society. However how on earth is beating the crap out of someone going to stamp it out? Do you really think that if someone is overtly racist that a bit of a slapping is going to turn them into fervent proponent of equality and civil rights?

All it's going to do is reinforce their ideas, and whilst they might think twice about opening their mouth again, it will not change their beliefs. They will still be racist, they will just be more circumspect about it.

Now do everyone a favour. Read the NY Times article that SASless provided a link to post #87 and take a chill pill.

Regardless of whatever provocation that they may, or may not, have been subjected to these 6 guys appear to have gone "over the top". They'll have their day in court, they will have a chance to defend their actions.

It is more than likely that there was fault on both sides. Can you now please stop trying to convince everyone that the troops are innocent victims of some KKK card carrying, neo-nazi thug and put the race card away.