PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Our Boys Behaving Badly
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2013, 08:05
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you sure that might happen?
Hero's and bums. I just have the opinion that if you wind up the aggression and train the boys to hurt people and send them off to war for 6 months. Never mind the Fijians are naturally that way inclined anyway. Your going to get the occasional incident involving civi's. Realistically the only people that are going to suffer from this is the British army loosing 6 quality soldiers if they get discharged. Which I doubt will happen to be honest most likely broken down the ranks.

And if they do get discharged.

Almost definitely, there is a huge close protection officer market, also as well ex UK troops are the favoured option for doing security on oil tankers travelling around Africa mostly run by ex Royal marines who also like Fijians on there teams. Syria is ramping up now and Afghanistan is getting worse as the US pulls out. Last time I talked to some of them in Erbil the going rate was 60-90k pounds tax free in Iraq going up to 120k pounds in Afghanistan if your in one of the top teams, which I suspect these guys will be able to get into. If they have any EOD skills even more.

These guys have all be in Afgan bar one but his mates will look after him.

They will be getting paid to slot Somali pirates and look hard and produce the goods when the bullets start flying. All of which the Fijians can do without thinking. And they won't be bother not having a quick response team on call.

And even if they did a back ground check if your hiring do you really think smacking a cop is going to be on the don't employ this person to throw walls of lead at attacking pirates and engage them if they get on the boat. As for the discharge they won't care. Most of the team leaders are ex SF and will know the score. And will have smacked a few civi's before in their time. And you only get these jobs with a recommendation of someone already in and an afgan tour will tick so many box's. And having a Fijian on the team criminal record or not is a huge bonus when the poo hits the fan.

They will be more than likely working for American news teams as CPO's. They tend not to use yank CPO's as they aren't low key enough and tend to generate news instead of collecting it.

We had one of those round the training bases type things and one of the tasks was to sort a landy which the wheel has come off without a jack. Using bits of wood etc. Tami just straight arm leg squat lifted the front corner and locked his legs and one of us stuck the wheel back on. Its not only the power they have, its the stamina as well. They quite often get stuck into the heavy weapons platoons and carry stupid amounts of gear all day long fast without resorting to anabolic steroids like the whities do.

And as for suing them they won't have any cash by now and they won't have any assets apart from a flash car/bike which will be on credit and you can't take because the hire purchase firm own it, they will live in barracks in army accom. All there cash will be back in Fiji if they have any.

Your going to sue 6 blokes without a cent to their name not even enough to buy an air fare home. All its going to do is cost the US/UK tax payer. The cop won't get any cash out of them unless they do stay in the military and they take it from there wages. Which won't bother them to be honest as they are very much a what's in there hand is what they have type of people. If they never see it, they never had it so they won't worry about it.

Only thing it might stop them doing is being licensed bouncers in Edinburgh. But I haven't seen any Fijians on the doors in EDI so maybe its not something they are involved with.

So there is absolutely no question in my mind that these guys won't be regretting this for the rest of their lives. It will be a minor blip and something to be laughed about in the bar 6 months after it all gets sorted if not before. There local management in their regiment won't be bothered at all about it, they will just be glad to have them back because as a group they are excellent soldiers. They more than likely have to deal with similar situations monthly if not weekly.

your guys are in Jail charged with various felonies to include Theft.

That is where you wind up when you commit an a assault.
Which won't bother them at all for reasons I have stated above. If you really wanted them to get some pay back you would be wanting them to be released so the rest of the team can get there hands on them. I suspect they would be walking around with slightly more than a few stiches and a broken nose if they did get released. But they wouldn't be crying about it, as they would see the beating as justified. That tami I used to work with apparently had been beaten up by some para's in Aldershot to get his pizza off him. Next day after a 10km force march the medics discovered he had 3 broken ribs, a broken radi in his arm and three bones broken in his foot. The only reason why they pulled him was because he was limping. Didn't stop him finishing in the top 5 out of 40.

Last edited by mad_jock; 7th Sep 2013 at 08:22.