PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Two more Jabirus down
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2013, 22:38
rutan around

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry I can't get Robert Gutteridge's web site to cut and paste so here it is.
Name: Robert Gutteridge Title: Mr. Biography: Academics: BSME degree, registered Professional Mechanical Engineer (retired), career involved machine design with emphasis on heat transfer in both heavy industrial and electronics industries. Aviation: 32 years experience, ground up restoration Champion 7FC, extensive maintenance on Cessna Aircraft including engine overhaul, built a Jabiru E-LSA kit with many redesigns to enchance safety and pilot convenience. Completed 16 hour LSA course for Repairman Inspection Airplane, 2 day course covering Jabiru Engine Installation & Rebuild. Currently serving as an EAA Tech Counselor. Volunteer at Pacific Coast Air Museum on aircraft maintenance crew. Private pilot with instrument rating, 2200 hours flight time. Presentations: Wednesday, 7/31/2013 - 8:30 AM - 9:45 AM - Forum Pavilion 01 - Map
Cooling the Jabiru 3300 - The presentation will cover my three year effort investigating and improving the cooling of Jabiru's 3300 engine. We will begin with upgrades to the temperature sensor equipment which improved the accuracy, consistency and usability of those readings. Tell tail signs of over heating will be discussed as well as the effect of high operating temperatures on metallurgical properties and its possible consequence. Finishing the forum will be a discussion of my new baffling system and the results obtained.
Presented by: Robert Gutteridge
* Add this Presentation to My Itinerary