PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it really all that bad?
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2013, 07:04
magicmick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I’m one of those that has done their training and not yet managed to find a job, I don’t regard myself as being very bitter (maybe a bit) and compared to many that post on PPRuNe I’m a bit of a pussy cat. However I completed all my training using my own money and I have no debts secured against my (or anyone else’s) property and I have no lenders breathing down my neck for £1000+ per month.

In my own view, the only sensible way to go now is to maintain a job and an income while training part time. That way you manage to keep money coming in while you learn and when you complete training you still have a job to fall back on while you seek flying work. If the employment prospects genuinely improve significantly then you can drop the job and train full time.

At the moment, to commit eye watering sums of money to an integrated school unless you’re on an airline cadet scheme with a provisional job offer at the end is crazy (but people still do it) and to use property as security against a loan for such a course is ‘bark at the moon’ madness.

Hope that doesn’t sound too bitter and twisted, the challenge is to filter out the really twisted doom mongers who use PPRuNe as mouthpiece to further their own agendas.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do.