PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it really all that bad?
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2013, 20:45
Chris49

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Take a lot of things on here with a pinch of salt. Out of my (relatively small) group of pilot friends, most people know pprune to be a bit disaster prone. A lot of the things you read on here, particularly with regards to recruitment, is from people that have not made it. There are also a lot of bitter people out there and this forum provides a very good place to have a rant.

My best advice is to talk to people that you can verify and get a good idea. If you take all of your aviation news from strangers on the internet then that won't instil you with much confidence.

HOWEVER; that fact that there are bitter people on here means that bad things DO happen. I don't think the aviation industry is as bad as some people on here would have you believe, but then if bad things have happened to other people, then there is a chance (however small) that it may happen to you. So rather than using this as the be all and end all, use it as an opinion. after all, that's all these posts are (most of the time).