PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Here it comes: Syria
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2013, 15:53
Hangarshuffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Friday the 6th or Saturday the 7th for the night of the attack if I goes ahead at all now. No moon and will be as black as a witches hat. Also gives him time to cut some sort of compromise or permission beforehand with Putin and Xi Jinping or their representatives at whatever G(7 or 20) meeting they are now just about gathering to.
Any practical effect of these attacks for the common good of saving the innocents will be slight.
More a face saver now for the US President than anything else if he does strike. He has to attack, he's played himself into a corner. Played a very poor hand really, very publically lost an (the) key allie with the UK, hasn't really looked decisive. I still find his whole tone towards the UK very patronising and at times actually offensive, so I am a little jaundiced towards him of course. From sending the head back to the Smithsonian, to BP, to stiffing the Queen at the Normandy thing, to his comments about the UK military in Afghanistan - you can read him like a bad book, and deep down this man is not a friend to the UK at all. He doesn't need us but yet he did seem to need us,it must rile him even more.
Egypt and the very recent military coup (with hundreds of civilians gunned down by the military and police) now faded off the TV completely (even here in the Middle East, its just faded out, let alone UK). No one from the west speaks about attacking the military there of course.
Sad but I found myself actually agreeing more with Putin today and recently than my own PM or the so called leader of the free world. I must be jaded.