PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reg "Mice" Meissner Revisited
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2013, 08:17
Ryzler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reg "Mice" Meissner Revisited

I had found an old copy of the 2006 ERSA and saw the memorium note regarding Reg "Mice" Meissner and I was reminded about a gliding instructor I had at Laverton Airbase in my days with the Australian Air League, Mike Valentine, who had also passed away a couple decades ago.

I would like to know more about Mr Meisness and if anyone has any pictures in is memory it would be nice to view.

Having already read the tributes about "Mice" on this forum I felt obliged to register and share my thoughts.

So yes he is still moving people and if it wasn't for him I wouldn't be here telling you about it.

At this time I would like to Share my thoughts about a highly respected and well known gliding instructor Mike Valentine who would always make us kids feel welcome, he was like the Santa Clause of airplanes, well to me anyway.

We used to turn up every to the base Sunday after catching two trains and hope it was a good day, even in winter, for a good flight. Even it it did take us an hour or two to set up and flights only last for 6-10 minutes at a time.

I remember one time the wind kept changing and we spent the day shifting gliders from one end of the field to the other I cant even remember if we flew that day but it was not a regretful day with those guys.

I do have a couple of photos that I will attach another time as they have to be scanned but after a couple of replies and when I revisit the page I will be sure to do so.

"We don't die, we are just forgotten. Some are forgotten in life and others remembered beyond their death."