PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Here it comes: Syria
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2013, 22:38
Ronald Reagan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TomJoad, back in the 1990s the Russians had a fool of a leader, now they have possibly the strongest and most effective leader in the world.
I don't think the Russians would get involved in this militarily though they would be within in their rights to defend Syria if they wished.
But any military intervention in Syria will sour the west-Russian relationship even further. But most importantly it will likely encourage Russia to build her military forces up even more, it will also encourage China to build her forces up and likely encourage Iran and North Korea with their nuclear programmes. The more little wars we engage in the more we force the other nations to be stronger in case its ever them next. I fully expect China will in time become so strong they could take on the world, with Russia as their main partner that's going to be a very powerful force. I would so much rather be working with these two superpowers than against them. This is far bigger than Syria, or Iran or North Korea, its the future of the world. I wonder what kind of future our nations have, terminal economic and military decline is the only future I see.

Last edited by Ronald Reagan; 3rd Sep 2013 at 22:39.