PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Here it comes: Syria
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2013, 20:59
Broadsword***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote:
What has happened in Damascus is a challenge to our humanity.

What is it with you liberals and "humanity"... Your stupid "humanity" has caused millions and millions of deaths of humans since time began, perhaps billions. Quit trying to pretend you actually care so you can have some feeling of moral superiority, you don't. You are weak minded and weak willed. You'll sit there saying "something must be done" comfortable in the knowledge that it will be someone else getting off their arse and placing that arese in danger while you sit on yours watching them on the telly. In fact, you are the kind of "humanity" that the smarter of us fear the most. If you feel such moral outrage why don't you get together with all your left leaning friends that feel the need to "do something" and send a strongly worded letter to Assad. When that falls flat on it's stupid face you can all book tickets to Damascus via the USA and we'll give you the guns you need as you pass through...
As I made pretty clear, the quote is not mine, it is Lord (Paddy) Ashdown's, but I am very happy to be associated with it.

Here is part of his biog:

Ashdown passed the naval scholarship examination to pay for his school fees, but left before taking A-levels and joined the Royal Marines in 1959. He served in Borneo during the Indonesia–Malaysia confrontation and the Persian Gulf before training as a Swimmer Canoeist in 1965, after which he joined the elite Special Boat Section (which became the Special Boat Service in the 1980s) and commanded a Section in the Far East. He then went to Hong Kong in 1967 to undertake a full-time interpreter's course in Chinese and returned to Britain in 1970 when he was given command of a Commando Company in Belfast.

I cannot claim as distinguished a military career as his, but I certainly did my bit for over 25 years and in a few hot and sandy places. So, before you start accusing anyone of being 'weak minded and weak willed', you might want to get your head out of your arse.