PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Two more Jabirus down
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2013, 05:14
tecman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The ABC use of the term "crash landing" is odd, too. All landings are controlled crashes, and this one seemed pretty well controlled. Seen worse at the Sunday PFL competition

One thing I don't see easily available are incident/accident reports for RAA aircraft (don't know if either/both of the aircraft in this thread were RAA). Having both RAA and CASA licences, I was discouraged to read in the last RAA mag that they think that reporting to members on accidents is an optional activity for the organization. I'd say it was core business.

Just as pertinently, I don't know of any single sources of individual aircraft and engine stats for this branch of aviation. If I want to know how my certified puddle-jumper compares in the accident stats, I can look up a few FAA or similar statistics. It's slightly inconvenient in that databases in different jurisdictions probably need combining, but at least there is data available publicly. If Joe Pilot wants to have a look at the stats for non-certified aircraft, to whom does he turn? For example, if I wanted to compare the Jab stats (across various models/engines) with those from other manufacturers, is the data actually available?