PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Our Boys Behaving Badly
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2013, 16:11
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am the one that's been saying that British squaddies can be aggressive arseholes when out on the piss.

And you picking and choosing what bits you like to believe. And it was the US papers I got that from. Which I am sure are as factual as our own . The cop has had his say in them but they haven't as yet. Which is why we should wait until the court case before saying that 6 guys beat up one cop. There will be fault both sides.

We all know that alcohol and weapons don't mix. And if the guy was drunk enough to pick a fight with.

It would be doubtful if he would get enough space to be able to use it effectively in a bar brawl.

And yes I am comfy making statements about aggressive arseholes out on the piss.

I have seen dogs being put into the NAAFI to stop fights and then everyone including those not present turn out for a mud run/PT beasting the next morning at 5 am for 2 hours as punishment. Thankfully I wasn't inside when they went in, but I did do the early morning light exercise the next day.

And you can be assured once everything is sorted out and they wing there way home there Regimental Sergeant Major will have a punishment that will be far more effective than anything dealt out by the judge, which as far as I can tell will be a year in prison and a $1000 fine max. Which it will be more than likely the boys in the regiment will chip in for as it was beating up a yank cop that had pulled a knife on them.

They might have only been back a month from Afghanistan, they went out in October/November last year for 6 months. As such your not dealing with your normal blokes in a bar fight.

Last edited by mad_jock; 2nd Sep 2013 at 16:42.