PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reasons to fail a type rating course
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2003, 20:02
Pilot Pete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carbon,

My apologies, on re-reading I agree with point 7! Don't know what went wrong there, I meant point 6!! Flight planning and routes come with line training. In the sim you will be given bags of fuel (or keep getting it topped up by the instructor) and will usually put a route into the 'box' but invariably will end up at some 'field' practicing various approaches etc. or 'frozen' in position(so that you don't get too far from a field) whilst carrying out drills etc. Again, you will keep getting re-positioned as the instructor tries to get the maximum from the time allotted. It can become confusing, being positioned back on finals for the eighth time! If in doubt as to what the next approach is, even if you've been told, just say, they know how high pressure it can get. As with any stage, just do a quick recap with your partner before you are 'unfrozen' again, there's nothing worse than moving off when not fully sure of what you are going to do, or not having the aircraft correctly configured (which happens regularly) ready for the next bit.

Hope this clears up my thought process.

PP