PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FLYSCOOT AIR
Thread: FLYSCOOT AIR
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2013, 11:56
lingdee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SOPS, you are correct except you miss one point. Sponsored cadets are ONLY for locals or those who hold UAE passport.

What about other nationalities worldwide who are jobless today?

You join pprune on 1999 means you are an experience pilot. What may worked at your time has vanished for the aviation industry today.

With 8000 jobless pilots in india, and even there are hundreds of countries worldwide and I am going to take 40 assuming each country has only 1000 jobless pilots, collectively there are close to 50k jobless pilots worldwide.

Many will never ever become a pilot especially the inexperience one and getting a job for them to fly is like striking a lottery. Most will hang their blue CPL book as a memento and subsequently change career.

And we all know we are also competing with experience pilots which have much more advantages than us.

I have send my resume to almost every airline in the world and 99% there will not be a reply or the door slam directly to me if you do not have 500 hours on type.

Even I am willing to take a loan to pay and have contacted ST technologies to esquire about their Qatar and tiger airways cadet program, that also they say it's a no go since I am not local or do not have a Singapore passport or permanent resident.

Last edited by lingdee; 1st Sep 2013 at 12:00.